Saturday 6 September 2014

Sunrise Creek to Sunrise High Sierra Camp

4.04 Miles
381m Ascent 

Last night was my first real night alone in the woods.  It was quiet… too quiet!  I slept OK, it was still quite warm at night, too warm under the quilt and too cold without.  I was feeling a bit better and my appetite was returning. 
 
 
Today was going to be a short day.  Due to changing my first day, I had enough food to stay on a four day schedule to get to Tuolumne.  From camp I still had a decent climb of around 300m, it was still taking me too long on these sections.

Once at the top of the hill, I had a nice walk down into a meadow.  I still wasn’t feeling 100% with regards to energy levels, the appetite had gone again.  My legs and feet felt OK, with only one blister.  Yet I was pretty wiped out again after only 4 miles.


I decided to camp at Sunrise High Sierra camp, which is a campground and tent cabin site.  The tent cabins are very popular and a lottery takes place for people to stay here.  The campground is set on a hill side with tent pitches well set out and plenty of space.  There is running water and a vault toilet. 


Being on the hillside, the higher you went the better the views across the meadow.  After a few hours relaxing I forced down some food.  The more I drank the better I felt.   
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment